- All sides to withstand direct hits of 7.62mm SLR (Level III) AK 47 rifl e Indian rifl es at a distance of 10 m at angle of 90 degrees.
- Floor and under carriage against blast of hand grenade HE-36 or equivalent.
- Wheels with run fl at tyres (Five Tyres). able to run minimum 40 km on fl at tyres, after being hit as per standard.
- Explosion Proof Fuel tank.
|MODIFICATIONS ON BASE VEHICLE
- Reinforcement of Body, Door Hinges, Pillars, Suspension & Chassis.
- Glass (es) replaced with bullet resistant glasses. Fixed door glasses. Can be conveniently replaced if damaged.
- Engine compartment: Fire wall at the bottom of the dashboard fi tted inside the vehicle using 6.2+/- 0.5 mm thick B P steel to protect occupant from frontal attack.
- Front doors: Driver and Co driver doors have bullet resistant glass of original look with Steel armour/light weight composite material inside the door. Other part of the door will be protected using steel armour.
- Middle doors: Have bullet resistant glass of original look with Steel armour/light weight composite material inside the door. Other part of the door will be protected using steel armour.
- Rear (tail) door: Original rear tail door is retained and a new fabricated door is fi tted inside the body with 6.5 mm armour plate and bullet resistant glass.
- Door pillar reinforcement: using steel armour/light weight composite material reinforcement with welded or bolted armour from outside & inside the pillar.
- Cargo area sides: Both the right & left sides of the Cargo area are fi tted with armoured steel. Cargo original vehicle glass (es) will be retained with original look.
- Floor bottom: Protected against the Hand Grenade-HE 36 x 2nos or equivalent. Blast proof carpet made out of Kevlar fabric.
- Roof: with 5mm bullet proof steel to protect against 45 degree angle of attack. The panel is welded & pasted with roof, suitable thickness of Kevlar fabric pasted with bullet proof steel to stop recasting of the 45 deg fi red bullet.
- Fuel tank: Explosion suppression material fi lled in the fuel tank to make it explosion proof.
- Wheels & tyres: 5 Run Flat, tubeless tyre provided.
- Upholstery: to maintain height and ergonomics of original interiors.
- Suspension: To meet the weight tolerance of the vehicle for bullet proofing heavy duty coil springs and shock observer’s along with other fitments.
|ADDITIONAL FITMENT OF ITEMS
||As per customer requirement and feasibility.
- Steel armour of 6.2 +/- .5 mm and 5mm steel armour / light weight composite material.
- Bullet resistant glass of 42mm thick duly tested for ballistic test and transparency test having multilayer laminated glass bonded with PUPC.
|WELDING OF ARMOUR STEEL
- Standard armour welding electrode or mig wire approved by armour manufacturer.
- Welded joints are provided with over lapping plates of specifi ed width to
avoid bullet entering through gap.
|CUTTING OF ARMOUR PLATES
|USED TO MINIMIZE
||Heat aff ected zone. Cut edges of the armour plate are straightened and made free of notches. All the sharp corners are rounded off . All the holes on the Armour plate are drilled by using specified drill only.
||Repainted with good quality paint to give authentic look.
||The original vehicle from outside.